Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's time for Eggnog again!

I have never been a big fan of eggnog, but two of my children certainly have discovered it! I guess, to me, it is just too thick. If I am going to drink a dairy product, I want skim milk. And I want it so cold, that it is just this close to freezing.

So, we were in the local Wal-Mart today, and sure enough, there it is. In two different varieties. A half gallon cost $4.49. Wow! It makes soda seem cheap by comparison! I had some serious reservations about paying that much for a half gallon of this stuff, so we went on our way.

Behind us, what did we see, but the $4.49 eggnog with $1.00 coupons on it. OK, that was a bit more like it, so we bought a half gallon.

But still, that is quite a bit of money. My wife said that we had better find a recipe for eggnog. So, I went online to look. This site has a few great recipes, and they do look excellent, but they aren't the version that I want to feed my kids. Check it out though, you might like it!

For the kids, this might work better. It also has cooked eggs in it, for those who are worried about eating raw eggs. But, if you want really simple, you can find a simple mix-it-together-and-serve recipe here.

We will give these a try, and I will let you know how they turn out.

No comments: